Friday, February 12, 2016, 5:00 pm – 6:45 pm
As part of the workshop on Unifying Refugee Aid, SPP invites you to a roundtable discussion on cooperation between academia and the front-line.
5:00 - 5:30pm: Coffee and tea
5:30 - 6:30pm: Roundtable discussion on cooperation between academia and the front-line
All too often academia is accused of hiding in an ivory tower, neglecting the outside world. In a panel with faculty who have regularly breached the walls to engage with refugees and NGOs, we ask how universities can continue to improve coordination with those helping refugees on the front-lines. The panel discussion will be followed by an active conversation with participants to voice their own ideas about increasing cooperation.
The panelists are:
- Annastiina Kallius, SPP & Migrant Solidarity
- Prem Kumar Rajaram, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Attila Melegh, Professor, Corvinus University
- Daniel Monterescu, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Robert Templer, Professor of Practice, SPP