Bharatnatyam: A South Indian Classical Dance
Padmashri Pratibha Prahlad & Prasiddha Dance Repertory
Padmashri Prathibha Prahlad is a renowned and a pre-eminent Indian Classical dancer. In a career spanning 40 years, she has been a performer, choreographer, educator, author, arts administrator, and a pioneering curator of performing arts festivals. She has performed in prestigious platforms in over 85 countries and has given more than 3000 performances in India. She is the Founder Managing Trustee of Prasiddha Foundation & Forum for Art beyond Borders. Her prestigious achievements & contributions include:
- Creating India’s signature arts festival -Delhi International Arts Festival
- Founding The Prasiddha Foundation established in 1991 with the purpose of fostering love and appreciation for all forms of art.
- In 1995, the most significant tourism directed cultural initiative of the Prasiddha Foundation was started with The Hampi Vijayotsav (Hampi Festival), set amidst the awesome landscape of Hampi, a temple town in South West Indian state of Karnataka. This initiative of Prasiddha Foundation was one of the instruments in securing for Hampi the UNESCO recognition as a World Heritage Site. The Karnataka Government still organizes this festival every year.
- As the Artistic Director of Prasiddha Dance Repertory, her multi-style productions ‘Rhythm & Harmony’, ‘Panchajanya -sights & sounds of India’ and ‘Vande Mataram’ have won her huge accolades.
- She has served extensively on several Government Committees on culture & has produced, directed and acted in television serials. Prathibha Ji has also authored books on dance & other related subjects.
Admission is free! You are warmly welcome! However, please register by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!In cooperation with CEU South Asia Research Group.Supported by Embassy of India, Budapest& Amrita Sher-Gil Cultural Centre