Civic Engagement Office and SozialMarie (https://www.sozialmarie.org/en) invites you to their joint event
Social innovation/Social inspiration
Social innovation is not new— people have been working on improving their societies for centuries. However, what is considered improvement changes from context to context, and social progress is a typical case of embedded concept, since each society applies its very own logic of appropriateness when deciding over the desirability and nature of progress.
Contextual differences notwithstanding, this roundtable discussion, jointly organized by SozialMarie and the Civic Engagement Office at Central European University seeks to understand the common elements in initiatives that have significant social impacts. What are the characteristics behind creative solutions? What are the recent trends in Hungary? The event provides an opportunity to discuss examples and ideas.
9:00 – 9:30 Registration
9:30 – 9:40 Opening remarks – Zsofia Tornoczi, SozialMarie coordinator, Hungary
9:40 – 10:10 Keynote: Attila Bujdoso, Kitchen Budapest, editor of Social Design Cookbook
10:10 – 12:00 Roundtable discussion:
- Csaba Bako, SIMPACT - "Increasing Your Social Impact"
- Zoltan Havasi, Budapest Bike Maffia, (SozialMarie Hungarian Audience Award 2017)
- Peter Gusztos,Suhanj! Fitness - We give you power, (SozialMarie Hungarian Award Winner 2017)
- Julianna Libardi, Budapest100 (SozialMarie Hungarian Award Winner 2017)
- Andras Lukacs, Living Memorial (SozialMarie Hungarian Award Winner 2017)
- Eva Tessza Udvarhelyi, When is the time to act if not now?! (SozialMarie Hungarian Award Winner 2017)
- Tamas Zahorszky, Hashtag School project, CEU
Moderator: Laszlo Agoston, digital & business transformation director, DDB Budapest
12:00 – 13:00 Buffet lunch and networking
The event will be in Hungarian with English translation provided.
Participation is free of charge but requires registration by November 5 at email@example.com. (Please let us know if you require English translation.)