Prerequisite: A Belbin Test will be e-mailed to registered participants approximately one week before the event. Make sure to fill-out the test in order to be able to actively participate in and benefit from the workshop.
Belbin Team Roles are used to identify behavioral strengths and weaknesses in the workplace. Whether developing people, resolving conflict or fine-tuning high performance, Belbin provides the language to ensure that individuals and teams communicate and work together with greater understanding.
The synergy – or lack of synergy – between a person and a job can be mysterious and difficult to explain. Given that two candidates look similar on paper, why is one successful in a role and another, not?
The language and understanding of Belbin Team Roles can help when organizations/companies:
• Make decisions about which individuals to recruit or promote
• Provide individuals with the information they need to take the next step on their career path
• Put together graduate recruitment strategies or assessment centers
• Try to identify the gaps in teams which need filling!
Everyone has strengths: talents, knowledge and skills which can be used to advantage in any kind of work. And research shows that those who use their strengths are six times more likely to be engaged on the job.
Understanding Belbin roles can:
• Help individuals discover their strengths
• Ensure that job roles and strengths are aligned
• Recognize and use others' strengths to best advantage
• Help teams to understand and consider strengths when assigning team projects
WHAT IS CAREER CAMP?
CEU Career Camp is a series of career development programs designed to kickstart your progress towards your career goals. Sessions focus on the most pressing questions and topics that you may face. From longer workshops that cover a specific topic in depth, to “grab and go” style lunch break info sessions, there is something for everyone.
Date: 18-22 February, 2019