Central European University and Romani Studies Program aims to convene a space to think through and combat antigypsyism with non-Roma, invested in the struggle against racism in Europe.
This is a learning project including a series of interactive workshops and will address topics such as:
- The historical roots of antigypsyism in Europe
- How antigypsyism appears in housing, health, education, and employment
- How non-Roma can contribute to ending antigypsyism
- Techniques and strategies for self-care and intervention
The workshops will happen once a month from May – September 2019.
This workshop will be held on May 28, 2019. from 17.00 until 19.00. at CEU, Nádor u 15, room 202.
For more information or to join the project, please contact:
Violeta Vajda, firstname.lastname@example.org, +36309530822
This project is made possible with the support of the Romani Studies Program (RSP) at Central European University.
We aim to create a safe space, therefore please note:
- we ask you to arrive promptly (at 17.15 we will close the doors)
- after this meeting, we will no longer accept new members until after September 2019
The languages of the workshop will be Hungarian and English and we will ensure appropriate interpretation.