Are you a graduate, career changer, or mid-career professional? Advance your career with CEU's one-year business master's programs, studying full-time or part-time. Study in Budapest with trips to Vienna.
CEU BUSINESS MASTER'S INFO SESSION
Join us online to learn about CEU's specialized business master's programs in Business Analytics and Finance. Hear about career outcomes, working during your studies, partner schools, and the CEU InnovationsLab incubator. Have an informal chat with faculty and students. Get all your questions answered about life at CEU!
- Meeting ID: 984 3985 3904 • Password: CEU2021
- The session will be recorded and made available to those unable to attend on the day
Facebook event – Sign up and post any questions to the comment section, we will make sure to answer them
WHAT TO EXPECT
18:00-18:10 CEU's Business Master's Programs – Quick Facts
18:10-18:30 Strategic Insider Trading in FX Markets – Talk by Peter Szilagyi
18:30-19:00 The CEU Experience - Q&A and Panel Discussion with Students and Faculty
STRATEGIC INSIDER TRADING IN FX MARKETS – PETER SZILAGYI
Insider trading is easily detected in stock markets with tech-based surveillance, but near-impossible to catch in FX and other OTC markets. This paper is the first to show evidence for the complex strategic decision-making of OTC inside traders, using the first-ever conviction for FX insider trading in 2015. FX inside traders trade when the market is most sensitive to local information, choose and time their trades to minimize the risk of confounding information, and act during high noise trading to mask their trades. The paper highlights the importance of whistleblowers in detecting and preventing OTC insider trading.
Peter is Associate Professor and Head of MS in Finance. He earned his PhD at Tilburg and joined CEU from Cambridge Judge Business School.
CEU BUSINESS MASTER'S PROGRAMS
Earn a professional U.S. Master of Science designed and taught with industry. Join a world-class international community in Budapest and Vienna. Study full-time as a graduate or career changer, or continue your career and study part-time. Join a top partner business school on four continents. Work with startups, incubate your own in the award-winning CEU InnovationsLab.
Learn more from the CEU Business Master's Website.
Study and Work
- Join full-time as a graduate or career changer – Take a part-time job or internship at any time. Should you be offered a full-time job, you may request a change of status and become a part-time student.
- Join part-time as a working professional – Take a second year to take electives or to complete your capstone project.
Budapest and Vienna rank among the EU’s top financial services and technology hubs, and best places for expats. Employers competing for international talent include BCG, BlackRock, Citi, Deloitte, GE, Google, IBM, JP Morgan, Mastercard, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, NN, Nokia and TCS.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Study full-time? Apply for scholarship and internship programs with industry partners.
- Future of Big Data | with London boutique investment firm*
- Women in Technology | with BlackRock
- Morgan Stanley | with Morgan Stanley
- Study part-time? Apply with colleagues and qualify for a group tuition reduction.
- Returning CEU student? Get reduced tuition.
Apply for September 2021
Check out each program's Admission Requirements.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ONLINE!