Are you a graduate, career changer, or mid-career professional? Advance your career with CEU's one-year business master's programs. Study full-time or part-time. Study in Budapest with trips to Vienna.
CEU BUSINESS MASTER'S INFO SESSION
Join us online to learn about CEU's specialized business master's programs in Business Analytics and Finance. Hear about career outcomes, working during your studies, partner schools, and learn about the workshops we provide to achieve your career goals. Have an informal chat with faculty and students. Get all your questions answered about life at CEU!
How to Join on Zoom
Zoom link: http://bit.ly/MSOpenDay0407
Meeting ID: 992 0008 7887
What to Expect
18:00-18:10 CEU's Business Master's Programs – Quick Facts
18:10-18:30 Business Disruption from Social Distancing – Talk by Miklós Koren
18:30-19:00 The CEU Experience – Q&A and Panel Discussion with Students and Faculty
Business Disruption from Social Distancing – Miklós Koren
Social distancing interventions can be effective against epidemics but are potentially detrimental for the economy. Businesses that rely heavily on face-to-face communication or close physical proximity when producing a product or providing a service are particularly vulnerable. There is, however, no systematic evidence about the role of human interactions across different lines of business and about which will be the most limited by social distancing. This study provides theory-based measures of the reliance of U.S. businesses on human interaction, detailed by industry and geographic location. We find that, before the pandemic hit, 43 million workers worked in occupations that rely heavily on face-to-face communication or require close physical proximity to other workers. Many of these workers have lost their jobs since. Consistent with our model, employment losses have been largest in sectors that rely heavily on customer contact and where these contacts have dropped the most: retail, hotels and restaurants, arts and entertainment and schools. Our results can help quantify the economic costs of social distancing.
CEU BUSINESS MASTER'S PROGRAMS
Earn a professional U.S. Master of Science designed and taught with industry. Join a world-class international community in Budapest and Vienna. Study full-time as a graduate or career changer, or continue your career and study part-time. Join a top partner business school on four continents. Work with startups, incubate your own in the award-winning CEU InnovationsLab.
- MS in Business Analytics – Learn the full spectrum of skills to create value from big data. Cover a unique mix of data analytics, computer science and business. Complete your training with use case seminars, specialist courses on text mining, deep learning or agile project management, and a capstone project.
- MS in Finance – Study finance at the cutting edge, sharpen your skills, learn new strategies. Focus in on investments and banking, financial management, or innovation and fintech. Learn coding, data tools and data analytics. Develop your applied skills through real-life cases, simulations, and a capstone project.
Learn more from the CEU Business Master's Website.
Study and Work
- Join full-time as a graduate or career changer – Take a part-time job or internship at any time. Should you be offered a full-time job, you may request a change of status and become a part-time student.
- Join part-time as a working professional – Take a second year to take electives or to complete your capstone project.
Budapest and Vienna rank among the EU’s top financial services and technology hubs, and best places for expats. Employers competing for international talent include BCG, BlackRock, Citi, Deloitte, GE, Google, IBM, JP Morgan, Mastercard, McKinsey, Morgan Stanley, MSCI, NN, Nokia and TCS.
Apply for September 2021
- May 1 – if you need a study visa
- August 16 – if you are non-visa.
Check out each program's Admission Requirements.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING YOU ONLINE!