Tuesday, May 25, 2021, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
This is the first in a 2021 Open Society Research Platform workshop series aiming to address the overarching question:
Does the idea(l) of open society travel beyond the West?
More specifically, the workshop contemplates the following questions:
- Is ‘the’ open society a fundamentally Western idea?
- Can there be an ‘international’ or ‘global open society’?
- Is an attempt to spread the ideas and the values of open society globally a form of Western neo-colonialism?
- Or can open society be a powerful conceptual tool in decolonial struggles?
- Can the debate about open society pave the way towards a concept of decolonised, truly global universalism?
All are welcome! Please register here: https://opensocietyuniversitynetwork.org/opportunities/open-society-res…