After a full-online 16th edition of the ADC, this year we return onsite, at our Vienna campus in Quellenstraße 51! Still, we decided to guarantee the hybrid mode for the whole conference, so that presenters, discussants, as well as the audience, can join via Zoom. Register here by April 4 to attend.
This year the conference will take place between 6-8 April in a hybrid format, consisting of 22 panels and hosting 5 keynote speeches. Our panels are organised around a wide array of research areas: authoritarianism; conflict and cooperation; deliberative democracy; democratisation; global governance; heterodox approaches in IR and policy studies; higher education policy; media and digitalisation; memory politics; peace and security studies; political discourse and political behaviour; political economy; political theory; postcolonial theories; research methods; refugees and migration.
You can find a link to the full program here.
During the three days of the conference we will have 5 keynote speeches:
- Sufficiency, Uncertainty and Future Generations by Prof. Paula Casal (Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona)
- Categories, Certainties, and Uncertainties by Prof. dr. Dvora Yanow (Guest Professor, Sub-department Communication, Technology and Philosophy, Wageningen University, The Netherlands)
- Reflections on East Central Europe in the Post-Communist Period: What Have We Learned, and What Did We Miss? by Prof. Rachel Epstein (Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver)
- Political Implications of Technological Change by Prof. Aina Gallego (Universitat de Barcelona)
- Hybris in the Face of Uncertainty: Five Thousand Years of Eurasian Selves and Others in Monuments by Prof. Iver B. Neumann (University of Oslo)
In order to access the conference either on-site or online, registration is necessary.
For access to the campus, you will need a 2.5G pass (negative PCR test not older than 48hrs, OR recovery OR full vaccination -both doses of AstraZeneca/vaxzevria, Biontech/Pfizer, Moderna, as of 3rd Jan. single dose of Johnson is not accepted, only with booster). Sinopharm, Sinovax, Covishield, Covaxin, Covovax, Novavax are accepted for campus access too.
Please check the following link for the latest covid regulations and entry to CEU: https://www.ceu.edu/covid-19.
The Annual Doctoral Conference provides a professional, stimulating, and international environment for PhD students and early career researchers in political science to discuss their works in progress, establish informal networks, and initiate future collaborative research. MA students are welcome to join us in the panels and keynotes.