The research group of Prof. Diana Ürge-Vorsatz and dr. Souran Chatterjee would like to invite you to the final event of the Sustainable Energy Transition Laboratory (SENTINEL) to learn about the final outcomes of the project.
Over the past 3.5 years, SENTINEL has worked with a wide range of stakeholders from policy, industry, NGOs and research to develop new energy modelling tools and further develop existing ones that can support the sustainable transition to climate neutrality. The SENTINEL platform consists of 14 modelling tools that can be used to explore decarbonisation pathways and trade-offs of potential future energy systems.
💡 Would you like to know what we have found out about the options for a transition to climate neutrality in the European Union? And what the multiple implications are?
📅 Join us on 23 November 2022 at 14:00–16:00 CET to learn about the key findings and ask your questions to the modelling teams!
✒ Please, register here: https://lnkd.in/eUtsybam.
Entering your e-mail address for confirmation, you will receive the zoom-link to the online event in a few seconds.
- (05`) Welcome & SENTINEL in a nutshell
- (10`) SENTINEL stakeholder engagement process: How did it influence the modelling work?
- (20`) SENTINEL modelling results & key impacts
- (70`) Panel debate with modellers, including Cristina Madrid-Lopez from Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Stefan Pfenninger from Delft University of Technology and Dr. Vassilis Stavrakas from TEESlab - Technoeconomics of Energy Systems laboratory:
- How can we achieve climate-neutrality in 2050?
- What are the environmental and social implications of the transition?
- What measures are critical now for the energy transition?
- (10`) Closing & Outlook: What is next?
We’re looking forward to and hope you will be able to join us!
Prof. Diana Ürge-Vorsatz
& dr. Souran Chatterjee