The CEU Democracy Institute and its journal, the Review of Democracy cordially invite you to the launch of 'A Pandemic of Populists' by Professor Wojciech Sadurski, published by Cambridge University Press (2022).
In the book Wojciech Sadurski analyzes patterns of populisms from all around the world - in Poland, Hungary, India, Philippines, Brazil, and Venezuela under Chávez. The book highlights the variety of constitutional and extraconstitutional strategies that populists have used to undermine the institutional fabric of liberal democracy. It offers a vibrant, contemporary account of modern. populisms and, significantly, considers what we can do to fight back.
The book will be discussed by:
- Wojciech Sadurski, University of Sydney
- Thiago Amparo, FGV São Paulo Law School
- Barbara Grabowska-Moroz, CEU Democracy Institute
- Zuzana Vikarska, Masaryk University
- Dimitry Kochenov, lead researcher, Rule of Law Workgroup, CEU Democracy Institute
The discussion will be streamed on Twitter Spaces. You will be able to follow it here.