Workshop series: Collaborative Manifesto for Experimental Humanities at CEU
The Department of Gender Studies and the CEU-OSUN Experimental Humanities Collaborative Network (EHCN) are pleased to invite you to three workshops devoted to creating a Collaborative Manifesto for Experimental Humanities at CEU (read more here).
The first workshop was concerned with discussing the broad scope of the humanities in society, academia and contemporary activism(s).
The second workshop was devoted to creating a Vision Statement for the humanities at CEU.
The final workshop on June 1 at 3:40-5:20 pm (QS B-505 and online): On the basis of some notable manifestos from the past, in this workshop, we will produce a collaborative manifesto for Experimental Humanities, and compare it to one generated by AI. Our manifesto will then be used as a vision statement for CEU’s participation in the Experimental Humanities Collaborative Network (EHCN), and shape the future courses and events developed under its aegis.
Additionally, we will address more practical issues, including:
- What opportunities for artistic practice and/or the study of the humanities can be enabled at CEU?
- How can we ensure that courses/practices are sufficiently inclusive and academically rigorous?
- What opportunities are there for engaging in Vienna’s cultural life?
- What space/support is there for student-led projects/productions?
- How can the power of AI be utilized in the Humanities?
Refreshments will be provided after the workshop.
Dates and Times
June 1 15:40-17:20 (QS B-505)
For those joining us online, here is the Zoom link:
Meeting ID: 333 927 0353