On June 23, 2017 the 1st OLIve-UP group will graduate. To mark this important moment for our team, we are organizing a conference during which the students will have the opportunity to present the findings of their research projects.
The conference includes a keynote speech and a round-table, both to be streamed at this link: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/central-european-university.
09:30 Registration opens
10:00 Opening Remarks
10:15-11:00 Keynote Speech, followed by Q&A: Tahir Zaman, SOAS, University of London, Proliferating Noble Sanctuaries: The University and Traditions of Refuge
11:00-12:00 Student Presentations: 1st Panel
Chaired by Edward Branagan, CEU School of Public Policy
- Akileo Mangeni (Public Policy) - Marginalisation of Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the Health Care System: A Hungarian Case Study
- Mussa Idriss Mussa (Sociology & Social Anthropology) - Two Community Places in the 8th District of Budapest Caught in the Game of Gentrification.
- Mohammad Samir Al Dalaa (Political Science and International Relations) - The Rise of the Far Right in France – The Case of the National Front
- Sami Gerezghiher (Sociology & Social Anthropology) - Are Online Games Really Online?
12:00-13:00 Lunch Break
13:00-14:00 Student presentations: 2nd Panel
Chaired by Michael Kanu, SJD CEU International Business Law
- Kutaiba Al Hussein (International Business Law) - Could Bitcoin Compete with Traditional Currencies?
- Mahmoud Zidan (Business Studies) - Big Data Insights: Present and Future
- Sam Shoushian (Economics) - The Effect of Openness to Immigration on GDP levels: An Empirical Survey
- Amir Mohamed (Business Studies) - Deconstructing the Financial Crisis of 2008
14:00-15:00 Round table on Education, Marginalisation, Citizenship: Rethinking the Role and Boundaries of the University
With Tahir Zaman, SOAS, Hila Azadzoy, Kiron University for Refugees, Mariann Dosa, School of Public Life. Moderated by Celine Cantat, OLIve, CEU.
15:00-15:15 Closing Remarks
Reception to follow